Wedding Day Tips
Wedding mornings can be stressful but they really don’t need to be! Here are a few things to consider to help things go a little easier!
The Lead up
- If we spoke about skincare at your trial and you want to make changes, now is the time to start. If you are keen to change things up with your skincare but don’t know where to start check out this little blog post I wrote to help you get things going.
- Extensions – if at your trial we decided your style would benefit from clip in hair extensions for a little bit of length or volume these brands are great no matter what budget you have:
Budget: These, Wildest Dreams Clip In hair extensions are great and excellent value for money. The half head option is perfect to add just a little bit of fullness.
Middle of the Road: Clip Hair are a great brand, that are fantastic quality with lots of different weight options to choose from.
High End: Or Foxy Locks are a bit more expensive but can be used time and time again if you want to be able to use them after the wedding day.
- If you colour your hair don’t forget to book your hair appointment in to make sure your hair is at it’s freshest for the wedding day.
- Even if you don’t colour your hair book in a trim so your ends are perfect for your hair style.
- If you are booked in for a pamper and are planning a facial make sure it’s not booked in for more that 2 weeks before your date!
- Hair accessories- if you are having bridal hair done, pins or flowers or anything decorative can be a really lovely way of finishing off your hair. Also don’t forget the bridesmaids, having something in their hair is a lovely way of tying them together even if they don’t choose the same hair style. They don’t have to be expensive either!
- Whoever’s hair I/we are styling Ideally it will be washed and dried the night before.
- If I have asked you to use any products in your hair make sure you apply them whilst wet after you have washed it and dry it as you usually do thereafter.
- Try and drink some water to balance out any alcohol!!
- Do your usual skincare routine.
- And TRY and get a little sleep 😅
- At your trial we would have discussed your start time for the hair and makeup (this will also be emailed to you) please ensure that everyone that is having my services arrives at the correct time and is ready for their hair or makeup. This is really important as disruptions early on in the morning can lead to less time for the bride.
- I allow 45 minute per person for hair and 45 minutes per person for makeup.
- If there are lots of you I may send through an itinerary so you know who needs to be where when, if you haven’t received one of these and would like one please just let me know.
- Space- if it is just myself that is coming or if I am bringing assistants please ensure we have adequate space, a table for us to put our kit, access to power sockets, at least one chair (I will bring a makeup stool if there is not one available) and as much day light as possible.
- Ideally a button down shirt or robe would be worn so nothing has to go over the head
- For everyone we are doing makeup we need clean moisturised skin please.
- For everyone’s hair we are styling, as above but as long as it’s clean and dry we will be happy. If we have discussed a blow dry then obviously we will need it wet but that’s only if you have booked one in!
- Any children we are doing can come later as we usually do them at the end (incase they start doing rolly poleys or something!)
And finally whatever happens we will deal with. Try and relax and have fun and everything hair and makeup will be sorted for you! ❤️ Can’t wait to see you on your wedding day!